UPSC IFS Exam Pattern
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern for Indian Forest Service Prelims and Mains Examination with all complete details is available here!!! Applicants those who have applied for the examination and now going participate for exam must download UPSC IFS Paper Pattern. Indian Forest Service Prelims Exam Scheme will help you to know duration, time and weightage of topics, so that, you can prepare accordingly to score good marks. Candidates must scroll down this page to get all details regarding UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2018.
This Indian Forest Service Paper is a competitive exam which will be conducted all over India and gives you surety of government jobs after qualifying it. So contender can make better preparation and crack it by taking help of UPSC IFS Exam Pattern which contains Civil Services (Preliminary Exam), Mains and Personality Test information. To grasp all the important details about Union Public Service Commission for Indian Forest Service Examination candidates must scroll down the page as shaped by our team members of resultinbox.com regarding UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2018.
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Indian Forest Service Exam|
|Category||UPSC IFS Exam Pattern|
Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern:
Indian Forest Service Preliminary Exam: Divided Into two papers i.e. General Studies Paper I and Paper‐
- Exam Type: objective type (multiple choice questions)
- Total marks: 200 mark each paper.
- Minimum qualifying marks: 33% marks.
- Papers Language: Both Hindi and English languages.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
Press To Know: 7 Ways to Improve Concentration Power In Studies
UPSC IFS Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Exam Name||Exam Type||Total Time Duration|
|General Studies Paper- I||Objective type (MCQ Questions)||2 hours (120 Minutes)|
|General Studies Paper- II|
UPSC IFS Mains Exam Pattern:
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Optional Subject||200|
Check Here: How to Prepare for IFS Exam
- IFS Mains Exam Pattern Subjects: General English, General Knowledge and Optional Subject
- Paper will be categorized: Paper I, paper II, Paper III, Paper IV, paper V and Paper VI.
- Total Marks: 1400 marks
- General English and Knowledge Paper: 300 marks
List of optional subjects for IFS Exam Pattern:
|Forestry||Civil Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Chemistry||Botany||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science|
You Should See: Proven Tips To Reduce Negative Marking In Competitive Exams
Combinations of subjects which are not allowed in IFS Exam:
It should be noted that candidates are not allowed to have following combination of subjects for the IFS examination.
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Agriculture and Forestry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering‐ not more than one subject.
Check Here: IFS Syllabus
Want To Check The Indian Forest Service Selection Procedure?
Keen contenders who are going to appear in IFS Prelims paper /Mains Paper they are advised to check IFS Exam Selection Procedure first and start preparations through UPSC IFS Exam Pattern accordingly:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
- Main Examination (Written And Interview)
- Personality Test
IFS Written Examination:
- The first stage is IFS Civil services Preliminary Examination. Applicants who will be declared eligible on the basis of application filled by the candidates will go for prelims exam.
- IFS pre exam qualified candidates can appear for second stage of recruitment that is IFS Main Examination. After successfully completion of both written examination, applicants will be called for further round which is Personality Test or interview.
UPSC IFS Personality Test:
In personality test candidates will be tested by Union Public Service Commission Selection Board. Through this interview knowledge, skills, personal suitability and mental abilities, capabilities of the candidate will be taken into consideration. Indian Forest Service Personality test will consist of 300 Marks.
Check No Of Attempts Concerning UPSC IFS Exam:
- General candidates: Minimum 6 attempts
- Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)/ physically handicapped candidate (General Category): Maximum 7 Attempts
Note: If candidates have taken participation in preliminary examination but didn’t appear for mains that will be considered as one attempt.
IFS Written Examination Instructions:
- IFS examination is of objective type.
- Don’t depend on guessing as there will be negative marking and it may affect the total scores.
- Commission has full right to fix qualifying marks of all subjects for the examination.
- Reach at least 20 minutes before in the examination premises don’t be late.
- Candidates are not permitted to bring or use calculators in the Examination hall.
- Make sure that you don’t bring any electronics or communication devices in the exam hall, as all these items are banned in the hall.
UPSC IFS Preliminary Examination Centres:
IFS Main Examination Centers:
|Dispur (Guwahati),||Port Blair|
In case, any guidance, information and clarification concerning applications, candidature etc one can contact to UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over.
Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
Vital Note To Keep In Mind Regrading UPSC IFS Exam Pattern:
Aspirants can attain the details about UPSC IFS Exam pattern 2018 by going through the direct Official Link. Moreover keen contenders are mentors to stay connected with the web page so as to gain the latest details about IFS Examination and UPSC IFS Exam Pattern.
You Should Also Follow Up This:
|UPSC IFS Result||UPSC IFS Admit Card|
|Tips to Prepare For Written Examination||How To Deal With Exam Stress|