UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern along with UPSC CMS Written Test Scheme and other relevant instruction related to Combined Medical Services Examination is provided on this page. Applicants who are going to participate for same and looking for UPSC CMS Paper Pattern Pdf to better accordingly must download it via online. Aspirants can also get all new UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2017–2018 directly from here…
Union public service commission is looking for eligible and capable candidates for the medical officer posts. Applicants who want to grab this opportunity need to qualify the exam tom proof their eligibility. So, aspirants are requested to download UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Pattern, as this will help you to know about weightage, duration, time and marks of each topic and you can prepare accordingly to score good marks. Candidates can get UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2017–2018 directly through this page which is well prepared by the team of rseultinbox.com.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
Check the UPSC CMS Written Exam Scheme from here-
- Combined Medical Services Examination is of total 500 marks.
- CMS exam is further divided into two papers that are Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Each paper carries 250 marks
- Each paper includes total 120 questions.
- Time allotted to the candidates is 120 Minutes.
- Paper I consist of General Ability, General Medicine and Paediatrics whereas, Paper II is of Surgery, Gynaecology/ Obstetrics and Preventive/ Social Medicine.
- Exam is of objective type only.
- Questions are asked in English language only.
Check Here: How To Prepare For CMS Exam
UPSC CMS Written Exam Pattern
|I||General Medicine including Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology, and Psychiatry||60%||2 hours||200|
|Surgery including E.N.T., Opthalmology, Traumatology, and Orthopaedics||40%|
|Gynaecology and Obstetrics||40%|
|Preventive, Social and Community Medicine|
Get Details: UPSC CMS Application Form
UPSC CMS Examination Pattern Negative Marking Scheme:
Applicants as there will be negative marking so applicants must perform in the exam by keeping in mind CMS Negative Marking Scheme-
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted as penalty for that question.
- In case if candidate give more than one answer to a particular question, that will be considered wrong and there will be same penalty as above situation.
- No negative marking will be applied for unanswered questions.
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
Part-II: Personality Test:
Those who qualify the Computer based examination will be called for Interview or Personality Test. Interview or Personality Test is of total 100 marks. Interview or Personality Test is conducted to test General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of academics and also nature of personality test. Through interview, observer assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership in all terms.
UPSC Combined Medical Services Paper Pattern:
- Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in all subjects of the examination.
- Reach at least 20 minutes before the examination.
- As there is objective type questions so, one is not permitted to bring or use calculators inside the Examination Hall.
- Applicants also make sure that one is allowed to being any electronic or communication device in the premises as they are banned on the hall.
Dear visitor, you can also get latest updated UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2017–2018 by hitting here presented official link. To grab any latest updates or new information must bookmark this site by pressing Ctrl +d. You may also keep visiting to our page regularly for instant assessment.
You May Like To Check This Section:
|UPSC CMS Result||UPSC CMS Admit Card|
|Combined Medical Services Books||UPSC CMS Cut Off|
|UPSC CMS Syllabus||UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Papers|