TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018
Contenders, who want to clear the written exam, must have complete knowledge of TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts exams for various posts such as Steno, Draftsman, Typist, Junior Assistant etc. To get the desired post, contenders have to go through the written examination. And the exam will be clear only if one would have the appropriate knowledge of TNPSC Group 4 exam Syllabus.
After qualifying the exam, short-listed aspirants will be called for the next process. Candidates who prepare well from the Group 4 TNPSC syllabus will definitely score better in results. For the convenience of the local contenders, the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 is also provided in Tamil language.
If you want to download TNPSC syllabus for Group 4 in a PDF form then hit the link which is available on this web page. For further details about the revised TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 and TNPSC exam pattern you have to scroll down the page which is well structured below by the team of resultinbox.com.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018
TNPSC Group–IV All Exam Wise Syllabus
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts Group 4 exam, which includes various topics like General Science, Current Events, History/Geography, Indian Economy etc. Don’t worry about the exams; just start your preparations from the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018. The syllabus of all the important topics is given briefly, so you have to take a look below:
Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy-Magnetism, electricity and electronics-Heat, light and sound.
Chemistry: Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
Botany: Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Zoology: Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life.
Press To Know: Tips to Increase your Memory for Exams
History: Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of States-Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors – Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors.
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness & General administration
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
Geography: Geographical landmarks
Economics: Current socio-economic problems
Science: Latest inventions on science & technology
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, Rainfall, weather & climate Water resources
- Rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources
- Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern
- Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography
- population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management
History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu:
- Indus valley civilization-Guptas,
- Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis
- South Indian history
- Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence
- Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom
- India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist
- Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes
Find Out: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
- Constitution of India- Preamble to the constitution-
- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory
- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India
- Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule-VIII
- Corruption in public life
- Anti-corruption measures –CVC,
- Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG
- Right to information
- Empowerment of women
- Consumer protection forms
- Nature of Indian economy
- Five-year plan models-an assessment
- Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture
- Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
Check Here: Techniques Which Helps In Exam Preparation
Indian National Movement:
- National renaissance
- Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests:
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams
- Analytical interpretation of data
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest
- Area-Volume-Time and Work
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha numeric Reasoning
- Number Series
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article.
- Fill in the blanks with suitable preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense.
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (infinitive, Gerund, participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object â€¦)
- Change the following:- (Verb into Noun, Noun into Verb, Adjective into Adverb)
- Fill in the Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, prepositions, Noun Verb Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Sentence
- Find out the odd Words, (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the Correct Plural Forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Indentify the correct Degree.
To download the 2018 Group 4 syllabus PDF in English and Tamil languages, Hit on TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 link.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2018
There will be 3 sections i.e. General Studies, Aptitude Test and General English/ General Tamil. The exam will be last long for 3 hours. There will be negative marking for every incorrect answer, so don’t choose the answers blindly.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total Time duration|
|General English/ General Tamil||100|
Read Here: How To Deal With Exam Stress
Candidates can visit the Official Link to download the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 Tamil PDF. We hope that the above information about TNPSC syllabus for Group 4 will be helpful for you. At last, we would like to say all the best to the aspirants who have their exams very soon.