IAS Exam Pattern
IAS Exam Pattern with latest changes for UPSC Civil Services Prelims & Mains Examination is presented on this page….. Applicants who are going to participate for must download IAS exam Exam Scheme PDF via online. Indian Administration Service Exam pattern help the candidates to know about the duration, weightage and subjects included in the exam. Candidates can also check IAS Exam Pattern 2017 from here.
Union public service commission is going to conduct the Indian Administration Service examination included in Civil Services examination. Thus, commission releases the Civil Services exam pattern officially for those who have applied for the exam. So, participants must download IAS paper pattern. For your convenience we have provided IAS Exam Pattern 2017-2018 here, to check complete details about the exam must go through this page which is well presented by the team of resultinbox.com.
IAS Exam Pattern
IAS Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- In the preliminary Examination the questions will be of objective (MCQ) type.
- Paper will be made available in both English & Hindi language.
- Examination is of general studies and aptitude test.
- Applicant will lost their 1/3 marks for every each wrong answer.
|I||General Studies||200||2 hours|
|II||Aptitude Skills||200||2 hours|
Also Check: IAS Eligibility Criteria
IAS Main Exam Pattern:
|Paper Name||Subjects||Total Marks|
|Paper-A||Modern Indian Language. (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject (Paper-1)||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject (Paper-2)||250|
Check Here: IAS Exam Preparation Books
Indian Administration Service Examination:
Recruitment panel of Union Public Service commission has decided to recruit the candidate on the basis of prelims, mains, personality test and interview. Indian Administration Service Examination is conducted in two stages that are prelims and mains. Applicants will proceed for further rounds after qualify examination. Check all details related to examination-
- Preliminary Examination: It is the first stage of Civil Services Examination which is conducted in the month of July /August of every year. This exam includes 2 papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper I is of general studies and paper 2 is of aptitude.
- Mains examination: The second stage of the Civil Services Exam known as mains basically, applicants who qualify the pre exam stage only they are eligible for mains. Mains examination is conducted in the month of December. Exam is of paper A, of 2 parts and paper B of 7 parts. Examination consists of optional subjects.
- Personality Test: After qualifying both pre exam and mains applicants will have to go for personality or physical examination. This exam is conducted by the recruitment panel in the month of March /May. the purpose of exam is to check physical strength and personality of the individual.
- Personal Interview: In whole recruitment process of Civil services, interview is the last stage. After qualify all above mentioned stages candidates will be called for interview. Interview is conducted by the interview panel of the organization in the month of June/ July of current year.
Last recommended candidates will get posted at the IAS profile rank after successfully clearing all stages of recruitment stipulated by the Union public service commission.
Check Here: IAS Syllabus
IAS Study Material
|Name of Books||Author|
|Science and Technology in India||Spectrum|
|Constitutional Questions &
|A G Noorani|
|Indian Geography||Majid Hussain|
|The Wonder That Was India||AL Basham|
|India’s Struggle for Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|Introduction to the Constitution of India||D.D. Basu|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Indian Polity||M Laxmikanth|
|Introductory Microeconomics||V K Global Publications
TR Jain & VK Ohri
|India After Gandhi||Ramachandra Guha|
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
IAS preparation tips
- Collect your latest Exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a plan or strategy to prepare for IAS Exam.
- Collect all previous year question papers and expert notes
- Make habit of reading news paper daily, this will help you in improving skill andalos boost up you basic knowledge.
- Make effective revision
- Increase your speed to manage you time effectively in the exam
- Refer Best books for preparation of IAS exam to score good marks which is given in the above framed table.
- Be confidence, persistence and motivated as the key factors to qualify the exam confidently.
Applicants hope you have all details related to IAS Exam Pattern 2017-2018. Candidates suggested to keep visiting to our web portal www.resultinbox.com for getting more information related to IAS Exam Pattern. Applicants can also subscribe us on Twitter, Facebook and Google plus for getting information instantly.
One can bookmark this page by pressing Cntl + D for fetching details frequently. If you have any query related to the same you can leave a comment in a below stated commenting box.