HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus
Now HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus is available here to download. Applicants who have applied for Assistant Engineer Post and planning to prepare for written exam may get the HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017 through this page. All applied candidates must go through the below given HPSC Assistant Engineer Exam syllabus and HPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern and prepare accordingly for better preparation of exam. Contenders can also download the HPSC AE Syllabus PDF from official site through online process.
As we all know that competition for HPSC Jobs is becoming very high. In order to clutch the Haryana Public Service Commission Jobs, the applicant must prepare very hard, due to hard competition. So, start preparation according to latest Haryana PSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus and get good scores in exam. For getting complete details concerning HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2018, you need to go through the below section of this page which is prepared by the team members of resultinbox.com. Must have a look below!!!
HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus
HPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Syllabus for General English:
- Active and Passive Voice
- Sentence Completion
- Spotting Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence Improvement
- Para Completion
- Spelling Test
- Joining Sentences
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
Get Details: HPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment
HPSC AE Exam Syllabus General Studies:
- Indian History
- Indian Parliament
- Rivers, Lakes, and Seas
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Famous Places in India
- Countries and Capitals
- Famous Days and Dates
- Famous Books and Authors
- Indian Politics
- Indian Economy
- General Science
- Current Affairs
Press To Know: 7 Ways to Improve Concentration Power In Studies
HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus for Technical Subjects
HPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Syllabus:
- Building Materials and Construction- Stones, Timber, Bricks, Cement, Mortar, Concrete, Masonry, Steel.
- Solid Mechanics- Stresses, Strains, Failures, Theories of Solid Material, Simple Bending and Torsion Theories, Shear Centre.
- Graphic Static- Force Polygon, Stress diagram.
- Structural Analysis – Analysis of trusses and frames, Introduction to plastic Analysis.
- Design of Metal Structure – Working stress and ultimate strength design of simple structures.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures- Design of masonry walls, working stress design of plain, reinforced and prestressed concrete, ultimate strength design of reinforced and prestressed concrete.
- Fluid Mechanics, Water Resources Engineering –Open channel and pipe flow. Hydrology Design of canals and hydraulics structures.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering and their general principles. Strength parameters, Earth pressures Theories, Design of Shallow and Deep foundations.
- Transportation Engineering including Railway Engineering and Surveying, Roads Super-elevation, Ruling gradient pavements, Traffic controls, Design Considerations.
- Environmental Engineering – Water purifications, Sewerage treatment and disposal.
- Construction Planning and Management – Elements of construction practice. Bar charts, CPM, PERT.
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
HPSC Assistant Engineer Mechanical Syllabus:
- Thermodynamics: Laws, Properties of ideal gases and vapours, Power Cycles, Gas Power Cycles, Gas Turbine Cycles, Fuels and Combustion.
- IC Engines: CI and SI engines Detonation, Fuel injection and car-buration. Performance and Testing. Turbojet and Turbo-prop Engines, Rocket Engines, Elementary Knowledge of Nuclear Power Plants and Nuclear Fuels.
- Steam Boiler, Engines, Nozzles and Steam Turbines: Modern boilers, Steam Turbines types Flow of Steam through nozzles. Velocity diagrams for impulse and Reaction Turbines and Efficiencies and Governing
- Compressors, Gas Dynamics and Gas Turbines Reciprocating Centrifugal and axial flow compressor: Velocity diagrams, Efficiency and Performance, Effect of Mechanical number on flow, isentropic flow. Normal Shocks and Flow through nozzles Gas Turbine Cycle with multistage compression. Reheating and Regeneration.
- Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning: Conduction, Convention and Radiatin, Heat exchangers, types, combined Heat Transfer, Overall Heat Transfer coefficient, Refrigeration and heat pump cycles. Refrigeration systems. Coefficient of performance.
- Psychometrics and psychometric chart, Comfort indices, Cooling and dehumidification methods. Industrial-Air-conditioning Process. Cooling and heating loads calculations.
- Prosperities and classification of fluid: Fluid statics, kinematics and dynamics; principles and applications. Manometry and Buoyancy.
- Flow of ideal fluids. Laminar and turbulent flows, Boundary layer theory.
- Flow over immersed bodies. Flow through pipes and open channels.
- Dimensional analysis and similitude technique: Non-dimensional specific speed and classification of fluid mechanics in general. Energy transfer relation performance and operation of pumps and of impulse and reaction water turbines. Hydronamic power transmission.
- Theory of Machines: Velocity and acceleration (i) of moving bodies (ii) in machines. Klien’s construction, Inertia forces in machines. Cams, Gears and Gearing. Fly wheels and Governors, Balancing of Rotating and Re-ciprocating masses. Free and forced vibrations of systems. Critical speeds and whirling of shafts.
- Machine Design: Design of Joints- Treaded fasteners and Power Screws-Keys, Kotters Coupling-Welded Joints. Transmission system-Belt and chain driveswireropes-shafts. Gears-*Siding and Rolling bearings.
- Engineering Materials: Alloys and Alloying Materials, heat treatment; Composition, properties and uses, Plastics and other newer engineering materials.
- Production Engineering: Metal Machinery: Cutting Tools: Tool Materials, Wear and Machinability, measurement of cutting forces
- Industrial Engineering: Work study and work measurement Wage incentive, Design of Production System and Product Cost, Principles of Plant layout.
- Production Planning and Control Material handling, Operations Research, Linear Programming queuing Theory, Value Engineering, Network Analysis CPM and PERT. Use of computers.
Download Official PDF: HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus PDF
HPSC Assistant Engineer Electrical Syllabus:
- Electrical Circuits: Network theorems, Response of network to step, ramp, impulse and sinusoidal inputs. Frequency domain analysis. Two port networks, elements of network synthesis. Signal-flow graphs.
- EM Theory: Electrostatics: Magnetostatics using vector methods.
- Fields in dielectrics in conductors and in magnetic materials.
- Time varying fields, Maxwell’s equations.
- Planewave propagation in conducting & dielectric media, properties of Transmission lines.
- Material Science (Electric Materials): Band Theory. Behaviour of dielectrics in static and alternating fields, Piezoelectricity, Conductivity of Metals, Super conductivity, Magnetic Properties of materials, Ferro and ferri-magnetism, Conduction in Semiconductors, Hall effect.
- Electrical Measurements: Principles of Measurement. Bridge measurement of Circuit parameters Measuring Instruments, VTVM and CRO, Q-Meter, Spectrum analyser, Transducers and measurement of non-electrical quantities, Digital measurements, telemetering data recording and display
- Elements of Computation: Digital system, algorithms, flow-charting, Storage: Type statements, array storage, Arithmetic expression, logical expressions, Assignments statements, Programme structure, Scientific and Engineering applications.
- Power Apparatus and Systems: Electromechanics: Principles of electromechanical energy conversion.
- Analysis of DC, synchronous and Induction Machines.
- Fractional horse-power motors, Machines in Control Systems.
- Transformers, Magnetic circuits and Selection of motor for drives.
- Power generation; Thermal, Hydro and Nuclear Power Transmissions, Coroma,
- Bundle conductors, Power System Protection. Economic operations, Load
- Frequency-control, stability analysis.
- Control Systems: Open-loop and closed loop systems, Response analysis, Rootlocus technique, stability, compensation and design techniques and State-variable approach.
- Electronics and Communications: Electronics: Solid state devices and circuits, Small signal amplifier design
- Feedback amplifiers, Oscillators and operational, amplifiers, FET circuits and linear ICs. Switching circuits Boolean algebra, Logic circuits, Combinational and sequential digital circuits.
- Communications: Signal analysis.
- Transmission of signals. Modulation and Detection.
- Various types of communication systems. Performance of communication systems.
HPSC AE Exam Pattern
|S. No||Type of Exam||Name of the Subject|
|01||Objective Type||General English|
Check Now: How To Deal With Exam Stress
HPSC Assistant Engineer Notification Details
To fill up 72 vacant Posts of Assistant Engineer in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Disciplines, Haryana Public Service Commission has recently released the vacancy notification as HPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment. This is the golden opportunity for candidates who are looking for Job in Government Sector. Those applicants who hold B.E Degree or equivalent Degree in B.E Degree or equivalent qualification can apply for the HPSC AE Notification by filling the online application form. Applicants you need to fill the online application form on or before the closing date that is 31-07-2017.
After completion of online procedure, organization will conduct the written exam. So, those applicants who are interested to do Job in this organization they may appear for Written Exam and download the Haryana Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Syllabus through this page. Those applicants who will qualify in written exam may appear for Personal Interview. Final selection will be done on basis of their performance in Personal Interview which will be conducted by selection panel of organization.
HPSC Exam Books
- Conventional and objective Civil: R S Khurmi and J K Gupta
- AE Assistant Civil Guide by GK Publication
- High School English Grammar and Composition: Wren & Martin
- Objective General English: SP Bakshi
- General Knowledge 2018: Arihant Publication
- Lucent’s General Knowledge: Lucent Publication
- Study Guide General Engineering: GKB Publications
- Conventional and Objective Type: S Chand
- A Handbook for Mechanical Engineering: Made Easy Publications
To download HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017–2018, candidates must hit this Official Link. If you want to get more details regarding Haryana Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Syllabus, then stay connected with our web portal on the regular basis. You can bookmark the web portal by pressing Ctrl+D Option for latest HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google+. Visitors if you have any queries concerning HPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus then drop your comment in the comment box which is provided below.