How To Prepare For IAS Exam
How To Prepare for IAS Exam to the get the solution of this question one need to read this entire page. We have provided best IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners to crack Prelims & Mains even without taking Coaching. Applicants who are participating for Indian Administration service examination must check How to Prepare for IAS Exam 2018 at home. Applicants, if you implement below specified tips for IAS Exam then you will surely able to qualify the exam with good marks.
Union public service commission conducts Indian Administration Service Examination every year, and various applicants not even participated by also qualify the exam. This year also commission is all set to conduct the IAS examination to hire most eligible candidates in government department as IAS Officer. Some things the exam is very tough to crack so they take coaching outside but actually some top the exam without even going to coaching. Coaching doesn’t matter but self study, little hard word and dedication is essential factor to qualify the exam. Wondering candidates must go through this page to know How to Prepare for IAS Exam 2018, which is well prepared by the team of resultinbox.com.
How To Prepare For IAS Exam
Assortment for recruits will be done on the basis of written examination and personal interview. IAS Examination is further divided into 2 exam that is preliminary and mains. IAS examination is included in Civil Service Aptitude Test
Know Here: IAS Eligibility Criteria
Stage 1: Preliminary Examination consists of Paper I and Paper II.
- Qualifying Paper I lets you appear for the Mains examination.
- Paper II is conducted to analyze the candidate’s English skills.
- The marks scored in Paper II will not be added overall merit of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
Paper I is of General Studies
- Exam is of Total 200 Marks
- Total duration granted is Two Hours
- Number of Questions is 100
Paper II (Aptitude)
- Total 200 Marks
- Duration of the exams is 2 Hours
- Number of Questions is 80
Those who qualify the prelims will go for mains. Main Examination is consisting of written examination of 9 papers of conventional essay type. This exam is of descriptive in nature.
Applicants who will be able to obtain minimum qualifying marks in the Mains Examination shall be summoned by the interview panel for interview for a Personality Test.
Read Here: IAS Exam Preparation Books
IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners
Get knowledge About Syllabus:
- Firstly you have to go through complete, check syllabus of each subject.
- With the help of exam pattern get complete details about the topics and their worth.
Make Strategy and study topic wise
- After getting complete syllabus make strategy accordingly.
- Set daily wise target as per the weightage of the topic (scoring should be prepare better)
- Develop a routine to study according to planed strategy.
Use Best Study Material
As the IAS examination is very tough to crack so candidates must study with best IAS study material-
- Do regular practice with IAS previous year paper
- Solve daily IAS exam Model papers and IAS sample papers
- Improve your efficiency with Online mock test
Check Here: IAS Application Form
Make proper Revision
Daily revision is very essential for everyone who are preparing for any exam. If you do daily revision of each and every topic you will get strong command on that topic. So, after prepare every new topic make sure you have to revise it, as this help you to remember what you have learnt.
Revise in a Productive Manner:
- Drafting model answers
Update yourself with recent affairs
Applicants the exam also consist of general knowledge so, it is mandatory for everyone to stay updates with all recent affairs-
- Read daily newspaper and GK books
- Watch News daily
- Make regular practice with online GK mock test.
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
How to prepare For IAS exam without coaching?
Many of the candidates qualify the exams by taking coaching from institutes and some successfully clear the Indian Administration services examination even without going for any coaching they have even top the exam. You can also qualify the exam without even going for coaching but all you need to do is better practice. So, for all coaching is not the solution to crack the exam it all depends on your efforts in preparation. You can also do self study by setting routines, targets and do proper practice, as it only requires discipline and determination. Here are tips to crack IAS exam without coaching have a look at self study points –
- Manage your time effectively and be disciplined. Develop a routine!
- Do selective reading
- Have good books and self made notes to prepare better
- Take online mock tests at regular intervals
- Start preprations early, it’s a vast syllabus
- Make short notes and mindmaps on a regular basis as they help in remembering memory.
- Study according to plan and topics
- Most importantly you have to do it without coaching.
Hope you get the solution of the question How to Prepare for IAS Exam 2018 from above structured page. Applicants to attain other details related to the examination must hit highlighted official link. Those who want to stay updated with all recent updated keep visiting to our site regularly