How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam
Participants of UPSC Civil Services IAS exam must have questioned that How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam. Various applicants have applied for the IAS Examination to grab IAS officer in civil department every year but only few will be successful to crack the exam. UPSC Civil Services Examination is very tough and the most difficult is general studies paper, reason is question will be asked affairs happening around us. So, one should have to prepare well GK Topics for IAS Preparation to qualify the exam. Applicants to know How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam read out this page.
In the written examination, most subjects like Current Affairs and general studied is included to check the awareness of the applicants regarding recent news and updates for Socially, Economically, Nationally Or Internationally. So, one need to stay updated regarding all thing happens currently through various sources, as it is mandatory to qualify the UPSC Civil Services examination and grab respective jobs. We the team of resultinbox.com has well structured this page regarding How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam applicants must go through this page and get best preparation tips for Current Affairs for UPSC Exam.
Current Affairs Most Relevant Topic
Since the change in UPSC Exam pattern and syllabus, current affairs play a major role in exam. One should have knowledge about all recent affairs to improve self general knowledge. Awareness requires for both nationally or internationally. Union Public Service conducts Examination in three stages i.e., Prelims, Mains and Personality Test and in all examination you will get question from current affairs.
Check Here: How To Prepare For IAS Exam
Current Affairs for IAS Exam
Applicants will be asked question on below provided topics must have a look and prepare accordingly to score better marks other than fellow candidates. Covering all the topic is impossible so, we have provided some relevant topics for which you have to be prepared…. must have a look-
- For Science and Technology like satellite launches, vaccine development, defence deals, new diseases etc.
- Environmental issues developments like important summits and their outcomes, global warming, carbon dump, carbon trading, environment-affecting projects like Dams, nuclear plants (Kudankulam protests), pollution etc.
- In Polity, important judgments of social or national or economic should be regularly tracked. Judgment of Central Information Commission can only be a retired such as SC or HC judge, stopping mining in Bellary to preserve environment, preventing tourism, Tiger reserves and so on.
Check Here: IAS Application Form
- Keep in touch with economic data like growth rate, inflation, exports and imports, as well as current economic issues like slowdown, global economic crisis, G-8 meet, FDI in retail, etc.
- Sports events like tennis grand slams, cricket, Indian achievements in Olympics, world cup’s etc.
- Awards and honours from within India or outside India like Magsaysay awards, Khel Ratna and so on.
- Persons in news those who might have received some honour, or have invented something or achieved a personal feat of social value etc or in any other motive.
Must Know: How to Become an IAS Officer
General Knowledge for UPSC Exam
Same as current affairs, General studies is also the most important subject among other subjects. All individual must have general awareness about what happened around them they should know all recent news and have to stay updated. UPSC Examination is conducted in three stages and all 3 stages question will be asked from GS its Prelims, Mains or Personality Test.
GK Topics for IAS Preparation
GK is a very vast topic to cover combining many sub-topics. So much information is being generated through hundreds of books and online sources that it is almost impossible to keep track of everything. But do you need to keep track of everything? No. These are the GK topics to focus on from the Prelims perspective:
Check Complete Info: What is the UPSC IAS Exam?
- Facts about India like demographics, census data, major economy stats and so on
- Facts about World like demographic and economic data of various countries. Read Manorama Year Book as it has a good section on this.
- Science and Technology in current affairs you have to be focused with latest developments such as satellite launches, vaccine development, defence deals, new diseases etc. and other like launch of first satellite, development of indigenous aircraft carrier and so on.
- Books and Authors must be remembered.
- First Army General, Chief Justice, Nobel Winner, Woman Chief Minister etc.
How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam
- To get prepared for General Studies or Current Affairs for UPSC Exam applicants must choose best Study Material which will be available from different sources.
- One who are preparing for General awareness need to get complete syllabus and should know weightage of each topics and then prepared accordingly
- Practice more with the help of mock tests as this will help you to understand where you stand.
- Solve more and more previous year papers for being efficient.
- Make sure you have strong command on all basic concepts.
- In case of General Studies preparation is required more from different sources for over weekly articles, monthly and quarterly news highlights, and weekly and monthly quiz.
- Internet, e-books are very useful in better preparation.
- Applicants must read daily newspaper, magazine and watch daily new channel to improve skills.
Also Check Some Related Links
Components of Current Affairs for UPSC Exam
Component provided in below mentioned table will help you to prepare for Current Affairs for UPSC Exam. By taking into consideration one can enhance their knowledge and will be able to crack the exam easily-
|The Hindu/The Times of India|
|Civil Service Chronicle|
|Civil Services Today|
|Hindu and Economic Times Newspapers|
|Frontline, Political & Economic Weeks Periodicals|
|India Year book|
Dear visitors hope you will solution regarding How to Prepare Current Affairs for UPSC Exam and you are satisfied with this page. Applicants must bookmark this page by pressing ctrl + d key or you keep visiting to our page regularly. You can follow our page on Google plus or Facebook or subscribe our free mail service.
You May Like To Check This Section:
|UPSC IAS Admit Card||IAS Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC IAS Result||IAS Interview Questions with Answers|
|IAS Coaching Centres in Delhi||IAS Exam Preparation Book|
|IAS Coaching Centre in India||IAS Officer Powers|