History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam
Check History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam!!! Union public service commission conducts various competitive examinations to check the knowledge and skills of the candidates. In most of the UPSC Examination History subject is included, applicants who have History as subject in the respective examination and wonders How to cover it, then solution is here on this page. We have provided complete History exam Syllabus and History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam have a look.
From earlier school time history is the common subjects and everyone should aware about it. Applicants, who are going to be a part of any of the UPSC examination which also includes History, may check Strategy for Preparation for UPSC History exam. History is the dynamic subject, which never change with time. Some are afraid with history but is not as tough as they think, what they need is better study material and interest to prepare for same. We the team of resultinbox.com has well created this page regarding History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam applicants must scroll down it and fetch all details about the same.
Press To Know: 7 Ways to Improve Concentration Power In Studies
History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam
History as Optional Subject
Everyone thinks that History is the most static and lengthy subject, but it is one of the most popular subjects among civil services. Even in recent trends we have observed that 15-20% weightage is is given to History only. It is the most common subject which we start learning from our school time. One another thing is that UPSC History Syllabus is the only subject, which had not fluctuated by any changes and marks which student score are very good and stable. History contains all ancient time stories which every individual should know. some says it very boring subject but the fact is it very interesting subject.
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
UPSC History Syllabus can be divided in 5 parts
- Ancient India.
- Medieval India.
- Modern India.
- Art & Culture.
- World History (Mains Only)
|Year||History||Art & Culture|
History syllabus for UPSC Exam
Paper I History for UPSC Exams
- Mauryan Period & Mughal Empire
- Indus valley civilization, megalithic cultures, Aryans and vedic period
- Period of Mahajanapadas
- Mughals and Marathas
- Vedas, Guptas, Vakatakas and Vardhanas
- Indian history in the thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth and seventeenth century
- Bhakti Movement
- Freedom Movement
History syllabus Paper II for UPSC Exams
- Indian culture will cover Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- In Modern Indian History question will be asked about middle of the eighteenth century until the present significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors or contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc. – their forms and effect on the society.
- Questions may be asked about post world war era, NATO, industrialization, imperialism and colonialism
How to Cover History for UPSC Exam-
- To prepare for Indian History for UPSC Exam applicants must require best Study Material available through different sources.
- One who are preparing for history need to get complete syllabus and know weightage of each topics and then prepared accordingly to score best marks in history.
- Test Series for History examination and also use same.
- Practice through mock tests as this will help you to understand where you stand.
- Make sure you have strong command on all basic concepts.
- In case of General Studies, preparation is required for over weekly articles, monthly and quarterly news highlights, and weekly and monthly quiz.
- World and Indian history are both important and information on world wars should be known
- Internet, e-books and career launcher websites are very use full in preparation.
Must Read: How To Deal With Exam Stress
Preparation books of History for UPSC Exam
|History Of Modern India||Bipin Chandra.|
|India’s Struggle For Independence||Bipin Chandra.|
|A brief History of Modern India Spectrum (History)||—|
|India’s Ancient Past||R.S. Sharma (For Ancient Indian History)|
|History of Medieval India||Satish Chandra (For Medieval Indian History)|
|From Plassey to Partition : A History of Modern India||Shekhar Bandopadhyay|
|The Wonder That Was India||A.L. Basham (Optional)|
|Mastering Modern World History||Norman Lowe (Optional)|
Also Check: UPSC Syllabus
Best book of History for IAS
|Books / Magazines & Newspapers||Author / Publication|
|India Struggle for Independence||Bipin Chandra|
|NCERT Books (XI and XII)||—|
|Gandhi Nehru Tagore and Ambedkar||Gopal Krishna|
|Modern India||Bipin Chandra|
|History of Modern India||A.C. Banerjee|
|Indian Economy Performance & Policies||Uma Kapila|
|India’s Ancient Past||R.S. Sharma|
|History Of Medieval India –||Satish Chandra|
|India After Gandhi||Ramchandra Guha|
|Norman Lowe OR History of Modern World||Jain and Mathur|
Dear visitors hope you will get History Preparation Strategy for UPSC Exam and you are satisfied with this page. Applicants are advice to bookmark this page by pressing ctrl + d key or you keep visiting to our page regularly.
You May Like To Check This Section:
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Results|
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Exam Calendar||UPSC Recruitment|