To get admission in M.Pharma course, it is compulsory to crack the GPAT 2018. Aspirants, who are ambitious to enhance their career in this field, must grab all significant information which is well furnished here. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is conducted every year in the month of January by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The main purpose of this online exam is to provide admission in top most universities of India.
We the team of resultinbox.com has bought up the GPAT study material, Answer Key, Previous year question paper and also the best tips to crack the GPAT 2018 examination. As likely the last year, this exam is going to be held at various centres allied with the AICTE. For more details about GPAT Application Form, Admit card and Result you should quick over view of the entire page.
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT
The aspirants who want to apply for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2018 must fulfill the basic requirements which are mentioned below:
Candidate should be the citizen of India.
Aspirant should have completed his Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) or appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
Contenders who are in final year of B.Pharma course are also eligible for appearing the GPAT 2018.
No age restriction for the individuals who want to appear in GPAT.
GPAT 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours.|
|Number of Questions||125 Questions.|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be awarded for every right answer|
It is an online mode exam and it is also having negative marking for every wrong answer. So, candidates if you will not sure about the correct answer then leave it instead of selecting blindly.
Check Here: Tips to Prepare For Written Examination
GPAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the online application form till the month of December from the official website. The GPAT application process will be done in three rounds:
- Online Payment
- Application form filling
- Aspirants who visit the website for the first time, they have to do registration first. And those who had already registered need to enter their registration no. and password.
- After the registration process, candidates are required to fill the application form as well as have to deposit application fee through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Fill all the details correctly in the form as no changes will be done after the submission of form.
- Upload the scanned copies of educational qualification certificate and other important documents.
- Then upload your passport size photograph and your signature too.
- After that submit the form and take the copy of same for further use.
- Submission of application forms after the last date will not accepted.
Read Here: Process to Fill Online Application Form
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card is like an identity proof for the candidates because it includes the information regarding subject code, examination centre, date/time of the exam, enrollment number. It is essential for the candidates those who are going to be appear in GPAT exam 2018 to download the GPAT Admit Card. No contender will be allowed to attend the examination without the GPAT Hall ticket.
GPAT 2018 Syllabus
For the convenience of aspirants, we are providing syllabus of GPAT which includes the important topics. Take a look below:
|General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies|
|Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis|
|The role of plant-based drugs on the national economy|
|Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy|
|Volatile of Drugs|
|Sources of Durgs|
|Alkaloid Containing Drugs|
|Glycoside Containing Drugs|
|Studies of Traditional Drugs|
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
|Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy|
|Inorganic Pharmaceutical & Medical chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy|
|Microbiology in pharmacy|
|The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing|
|Introduction to Dispensing and community pharmacy|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & ethics|
|Dosages forms, designing & evaluations|
GPAT Study Material 2018
Some best books for the preparation of GPAT exam are available in the given below table and the author name is also mentioned in front of the book name. Start your preparation from these books; you will surely get the best result.
|Books Name||Author Name|
|Comprehensive Pharmacy Review||Leon Shargel|
|Comprehensive GATE Questions||Vidya Sagar|
|GATE : A Companion||N.N. Inamder|
|Text Book of Pharmaceutical Analysis||K. A. Connors|
|Industrial microbiology||Prescott and Dunn|
|Text Book of Pharmacognosy||C. K. Kokate|
|The Theory And Practice Of Industrial Pharmacy||Lachman|
Preparation Tips to Crack GPAT 2018
- For best preparation, candidates have to make a proper time table.
- Take some help from the GPAT previous year question papers and GPAT best study material which are easily available at the books shop.
- Prepare high scoring topics first and make some good strategy so that you can cover all the important topics.
- Read newspapers and watch news channels daily, keep an eye on the current issues.
- Make a good command on chemistry formulas because in GPAT, questions based on formulas were generally asked.
- Always start your preparation with positive thoughts and play some sports because it will boost your confidence level.
GPAT 2018 Result
- The GPAT result will be announced on the official website of AICTE-GPAT. It is expected that result will be declared in the second week of February 2018.
- GPAT result plays an important role because on the basis of GPAT score, aspirants can take admission in M.Pharma course.
GPAT 2018 Answer Key
The GPAT answer key will be released on the official website after 2-3 days of the GPAT examination. Answer key is issued so that candidates can match their answers and start their preparation for the next process. With the help of Answer key, individuals can estimate their marks before the release of GPAT result.
GPAT 2018 Question Paper
To prepare well for the GPAT, you can take help form the GPAT last year question papers. You will get a direct hint about the important questions that were asked in the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. You can solve previous year question papers to check your speed because speed and accuracy are much needed to clear the GPAT 2018.
GPAT 2018 Important Dates
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last Date for Registration||4th week of December 2017|
|Date of GPAT 2018 Examination||4th week of January 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of January 2018|
|Announcement of the Results of GPAT 2018||2nd week of February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Cards||2nd week of February 2018|
We hope that the above information about GPAT 2018 will be helpful for you. We would like to wish all the very best to those candidates who are going to be appear in the online examination GPAT. Give your feedback in the comment box which is framed below.