CDS Eligibility Criteria
CDS Eligibility Criteria for Combined Defence Services examination 1 & 2 has been updated!!! Both Male and Female candidates can apply for CDS Exam, but conditions are admissible, one needs to satisfy all given CDS exam eligibility norms. Interested candidates have to be eligible in all terms such as Age, Qualification and Physical standards. This page is well designed with latest CDS Eligibility Criteria2017, must read this entire page.
Application of those candidates will be shortlisted, who will satisfy the below stated CDS Eligibility Criteria 2017 – 2018. You may go through this page which is customized by the team of resultinbox.com, to get complete CDS 1 & 2 Eligibility Criteria. On the basis of this exam, candidates will be selected in Military Academy, Indian Air Force, Officers Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
CDS Eligibility Criteria
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Defence Services Examination|
|Job category||Government Job|
CDS Eligibility Criteria
Applicants wondering to apply for CDS Examination must make sure that they have to fulfill all Combined Defence Services Eligibility criteria. Complete details about the CDS Exam requirements are well specified below.
Nationality for CDS Exam:
Interested candidates must be a
- Citizen of India, OR
- Subject of Nepal, OR
- Subject of Bhutan, OR
- Refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st July 1962 for permanent settlement in India
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
Check Here: Combined Defence Services 2 Examination
Required Qualification for CDS Exam:
|Air Force Academy||12th standard form Physics and Mathematics along with a degree from esteemed institution or bachelor degree in engineering /technology.
Women candidates can not apply for Air force academy.
|Indian Military Academy||A Bachelors Degree from recognized university.|
|Indian Naval Academy||A Engineering Degree from any recognized university or institute|
|Officers Training Academy||Graduate Degree from any esteemed university or institute or college|
Know Here: How to Crack CDS Exam
CDS Age Limitation
For Air Force Academy:
For selection in Air Force Academy, age should not be less than 20 Years and exceed from 24 Years as on 01st July 2018 (not earlier than 02nd July 1998 and not later than 01st July 1998). Those, who are having current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India), will get age relaxation upto 26 yrs.
For Indian Military Academy:
Age of appliers should not be below 19 Years and more than 24 Years (not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999).
For Indian Naval Academy:
Candidates, who are interested, must not be less than 19 Years and more than 22 Years (not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 1999).
For Officers Training Academy:
Only those, who are having age above or equal to 19 years and below or equal to 25 Years are eligible for admission in to Officers Training Academy (not born earlier than 02nd July 1993 and later than 01st July 1999).
CDS Marital Status:
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (NA) and Air Force Academy (AFA): Unmarried
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA – Men): Unmarried and Married
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA – Women, Non-Technical): Unmarried / Widow/ not remarried / issueless divorces
CDS Physical Standards:
For admission into Combined Defense Services, candidates should be physically fit as per physical standards and possess strong structure and don’t have any defect in body or over weight. You must satisfy the below given standards to apply:
- Minimum height for Male candidates is 157.5 cm for admission in to Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force.
- In case of women candidates, height should not be below 152 cm.
- Relaxation in height of 5 cm will be given to the candidates, who belong to Gorkhas, hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon will get and 2cms or Lakshadweep candidates.
Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
For Navy and Air Force
For Navy and Air force A ± 10% weight can be departure from the average weight given in the table will be considered within normal limit. For individuals who have heavy bones and broad build as well as those who are with thin but otherwise healthy for them limit may be further relaxed to some extent on merit.
Vision Standards for CDS Examination
- Applicants must have 6/6 vision and will be able to read vision chart with or without glasses whereas, for navy and Air Force then only without glasses.
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia shall not exceed by 3.5D including Astigmatism
- Women candidates must have 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) vision and will be able to read distant vision chart with or without glasses.
- Myopia must not exceed more than -5.5 including Astogination
- One must have good binocular vision (fusion and Stereopsis with good amplitude and depth)
Vision Standards for Air force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Sph|
|Colour Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Visual Standards for Navy
|Uncorrected without glass||6/12|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-1.5|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
- Applicants must have sufficient, natural and healthy teeth.
- Candidates with 14 dental points must be accepted.
- Make sure any candidates should not suffer from severe pyorrhea.
Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
- Hearing of the applicants should be normal
- Forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room will be clear to the candidates.
- Applicants have not disease in ear, nose and throat in past or present,.
CDS Physical Requirements:
|Running||2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes|
|Pushups & Sit-ups||Minimum 20 each|
|Chin ups||Minimum 08|
|Rope Climbing||3 to 4 metres.|
Anthropometric measurements Air Force
Carrying angle of elbow shall not be more than 100 (ten degree).
|Anthropometric (Body) Measurements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm – 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm – 96.00cm|
- Speech Test: Whispered Hearing at 610 cms from each ear.
- Audiometric Test: Audiometric loss shall not be exceeding by +20 db in frequencies between 250 Hz and 8000 Hz.
- Routine ECG shall be within normal limits.
Maddox Rod Test
|At 6 meters—||
|At 33 cms—||
Radial keratotomy and Laser Surgery:
Those who have gone for Radial Keratotomy, in order to improve their visual acuity they will be permanently rejected for three services. But Aapplicants, undergone for Laser Surgery they will get entry in Army, only when if one fulfill basic requirements as given below-
- Age must be more than 20 years.
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) and laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia must be stable refraction for period of six months after same procedure.
- One must have Healthy retina
- Vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of +1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- Axial length within permissible limits.
Candidates will be examine for PRK/LASIK at SMB because it will be done to measure the axial length by A-Scan biometer.
Standards for Air-Force or Navy
Candidates who will be detected with any condition described below will be disqualified to get entry in Army and Navy-
- Granulomatous disease of spine.
- Scoliosis more than 10º degree as measured by Cobb’s Method.
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis.
- Herniated nucleus pulposes.
- Compression fracture of Vertebra.
- Sacralisation Disease.
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral.
- Spinabifida other than SV 1 and LV 5.
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist.
Candidates who will be detected with any condition described below during medical exam will be disqualified to get entry in Air Force –
- Granulomatous disease of spine
- Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint diseases
- Non articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago etc).
- Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, dermatomyositis, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae
- Scheurman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of cervical spine.
- Unilateral/bilateral cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or circulatroy deficit.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc Disease.
- Presence of schmorl’s nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto—occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or lumbarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
Other Physical Ailments
Appliers who have any physical ailments specified below are not eligible as per CDS Eligibility Criteria-
- One must make sure that they not have any functional or organic disease in their heart and blood vessels.
- Blood pressure should be normal.
- Abdomen should be well developed, no enlargement of liver or spleen will be expectable.
- Disease found in internal organ will lead to rejection.
- Applicants have not hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Un-operated Hernia will be declared unfit so it should be operated
- Applicants have not any Urine abnormality.
- Skin disease will also lead to rejection.
- Women should make sure that they are not pregnant after selection at SSB, if detected they will be debar.
Know this about CDS Exam:
Union Public Service Commission is organizing Combined Defense Services Exam. This is the Recruitment Examination conducted for selecting for deserving candidates in Military Academy, Indian Air Force, Officers Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy. Notifications of exams are issued in month of October or June for CDS I and CDS II. Candidates may participate for any of the exam according to their wish. Unmarried individuals Male and Female are eligible to apply for Union Public Service Commission Competitive Examination.
Candidates, who qualify Combined Defense Services Exam, are called for Services Selection Board Interview. It’s not easy to qualify this interview as it is organized over 5 – 6 days for testing Personality and Intelligence of the appliers. Potential and compatibility of the candidate are tested on the basis of interview before recruiting in Armed Forces of India. Final Merit list is prepared according to the performance in candidates in Interview.
Note: Check this Official Link to get other relevant information about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2017 – 2018. You may stay connected with our web portal for getting latest information time to time. If you have any problem related to information available here, please ask in comment box that is tuned below. You may subscribe to our freemail service for getting latest information in your mailbox. As soon as we get any latest update about your eligibility conditions we will provide it on this page, so keep touch with us.
You May Like To Check This Section:
|CDS Application Form||UPSC CDS Result|
|UPSC CDS 2 Answer Key||CDS 2 Cut Off|
|UPSC CDS Officer Salary||CDS Previous Question Papers|