CAT Syllabus 2018
Check here CAT Syllabus 2018!! Common Admission Test is the foremost, all India management doorway exam conducted by IIMs. Last year 2, 04,267 students competed for 1550+ seats making it for the most part spirited exam in the country. The IIMs are the leading management institutes in India recognized by proceed of Parliament. These institutes also endow with consultancy and investigate services in different commerce and administration internationally. IIM will be going to conduct Common Admission Test to grant admissions to deserving students. Those candidates who are going to participate in CAT Exam 2018, they want CAT syllabus PDF for CAT 2018 exam so candidates, do not worry we will provide you CAT syllabus 2018.
National level computer based Entrance examination is the wonderful opening to take admission in management programmes. Here, we assembled intact CAT Syllabus IIM; those students, who want CAT syllabus for MBA, must have a look in below segment. Students can also download MCAT syllabus 2018 through online mode with the help of PDF. Candidates who want more information regarding CAT Syllabus 2018 such as Topic Wise credence etc must scroll down the whole page which is well prepared by the dedicated team of resultinbox.com
CAT Syllabus 2018
On this page, our team has provided inclusive information about CAT Syllabus PDF 2018. Those candidates who are going to participate in the CAT exam must require CAT exam syllabus 2018 PDF , so here we are providing you CAT exam syllabus PDF. Candidates are suggested to follow the instructions which are given on this page; this will help you to crack the exam.
CAT syllabus 2018 pdf is comprises of total 4 subjects that is:
- Data Interpretation
- Verbal Ability & English
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability or Mathematics
All these subjects are divided into 2 parts that are part 1 and part 2.
- Part 1- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Part 2- Logical Reasoning & Verbal Ability
CAT syllabus 2018:
Quantitative Ability or Mathematics: This section consists of 10+2 difficulty level & Fundamental mathematics. The important topics are:
- Number system
- Quadratic & linear equations
- Time & work
- Profit & loss
- LCM & HCF
- Ratio & proportions
- Complex numbers
Must Check: Simple Ways To Get Full Marks In Mathematics
Data Interpretation: In this segment, candidate’s ability to solve tribulations precisely & considerate of the data are tested. Applicants can study the topic of:
- Graphs (line, area)
- Interpretation and analysis of data based on text
- Charts (Column, bar, pie)
- Venn diagram, etc
Check Here: CAT Application Form
Verbal Ability & English: This section contains the convention of Standard English grammar & questions on comprehension. The topics are:
- Verbal reasoning
- Antonyms and synonyms
- Sentence correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Critical reasoning
- Direction sense
- Clocks & calendars
- Binary logic
- Seating arrangement
- Coding- decoding
- Blood relations
- Logical sequence
- Data structure
- Linear and matrix arrangement
- Qualification: Entrants must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PWD students.
- Appearing Candidates: Applicants appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have accomplished the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply
- Additional Qualification: Candidates who are having CA/CS/ICWA professional degree are also eligible to apply.
MBA Revised Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section|
|Type of Question||The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type|
|No. of Question||The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted|
Check Out: How to Solve Multiple Choice Questions
CAT Exam Pattern:
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
The major slogan of conducting the CAT exam 2018 is to provide admission to appropriate students to MBA programmes. Candidates who will be shortlisted in merit list will get admission into top institute on the basis of CAT percentile. After that qualified candidates will go for further process such as Group Discussion, Essay and Personal Interview round.
Consequently, at last candidates will get admission in Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institute of Science, National Institutes of Technology and some other Institutions as per their preferences.
New Syllabus by IIM Free Download PDF free
CAT Preparation Book:
Here, we are providing you some important books of cat syllabus for IIM from which you can do better preparation. Please have a look-
|CAT Books||Author||PDF Link|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||By Arun Sharma||Get PDF|
|Verbal Ability And Rc For Cat||By Arun Sharma||Get PDF|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||By Arun Sharma||Get PDF|
|The Pearson Complete Guide to the CAT 3e||By Nishit K. Sinha||Get PDF|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||By Nishit K Sinha||Get PDF|
|Verbal Ability And Reading Comprehension For The Cat And Other Mba Entrance||By Time||Get PDF|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for the CAT||By Arun Sharma||Get PDF|
|Reading Comprehension For CAT||By Kumar Sujit||Get PDF|
Also Check Related Links:
Preparation Tips for CAT Exam:
- Arrange short notes and do practice with it repeatedly
- Collect all Data of CAT Previous Question paper
- Firstly get latest updated CAT Syllabus PDF 2018 and Exam Pattern.
- Check all worthy topics from cat syllabus 2018 pdf and prepare accordingly to score better marks.
- Set strategy for exam preparation and develop a routine for it.
- Collect all Data of CAT Previous Question paper
- Make habit of reading news paper daily to boost up General Knowledge
- Find out week points and practice to deduct it
- Make effective revision for the exam.
- Self-assurance and self aggravated as it will helps in qualifying the exam
To get more information about CAT syllabus 2018-19, you visit to the Official Link. Candidates are suggested to stay connected with this page. If you have any query then you can write in comment box which is provided below. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible.
You May Like To Check This Section:
|Things Helps to Get Job after Graduation||How To Apply For Scholarship|
|Improve Concentration Power In Studies||How To Deal With Exam Stress|
|Proven Tips To Reduce Negative Marking||How To Improve Your Curriculum Vitae|