CAT Application Form
Candidates who are willing to admissions to several management programmes offered by IIMs through Common Admission Test are informed that they can fill CAT Application Form through this page. As CAT online registration is going to be start in the month of August and exam gets organized in the month of November. Interested candidates can grab entire details related to CAT Application Form 2017-2018 such as MBA Exam, Pattern, Eligibility, exam centers and more from below section of this web page which is well equipped by the hard working team members of www.resultinbox.com. So have a peek…
CAT Application Form
- Candidates who are going to apply against CAT exam must hold Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent qualification (recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India) with minimum 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA/PwD category applicants).
- Aspirants those are appearing for final year graduation or its equivalent or awaiting for their result are eligible to apply. In this case, candidates will have to submit the necessary document latest by June 30, 2017.
- Before applying for the test, kindly double verify your eligibility as it will be checked by IIMs at several stages of selection procedure.
Read Here To Know: Secret Ways To Get Your Dream Job
CAT CAT Application Fee (Category wise):
|ST/SC/Person with disability||Rs. 850|
Number of seats and fee of the 20 IIMS:
|S. No.||IIMS||No of Seats||Fee in Rs.|
CAT Application Form Transaction Processing Fee:
|Service||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Net Banking||Rs. 20 per transaction|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the transaction amount and subject to minimum of 5 Rupees|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the transaction amount and subject to minimum of 5 Rupees|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master)||0.75% of Transaction amount for value upto 2000 Rupees and subject to minimum of 5 Rupees|
|1.00% of Transaction amount for value|
Procedure To Fill CAT Application Form:
In order to register for Common Admission Test, candidates are required to follow three steps that are Registration, Filling Application Form, and Payment.
Step 1: CAT Registration:
Firstly candidates need to create their user profile through CAT registration form window and fill the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Lastly Confirmation of Registration
Step 2: Login to CAT Official Portal
- Now candidates are required to visit the official portal of organization that is iimcat.ac.in.
- Candidates are required to made CAT registration profile and fill required details such as name, DB, Email Address and Mobile Number.
Step 3: Fill CAT Application Form
- Select suitable link and fill CAT application form by filling necessary details and upload required documents such as signature and passport size photograph, PWD/DA Certificate and NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate.
Step 4: Select Exam Centre:
- Select other options such as exam centers and pay applications fees in prescribed way described above.
Step 5: Payment of CAT Application Fee:
- Pay application fees as per the mode prescribed in above Para.
Lastly select suitable tab to submit it and don’t forget to take a print out of filled application for further use.
Must Read: Instruction To Fill Application Form
CAT Exam Pattern:
- Type: Computer based test (CBT).
- Duration: The duration of the paper CAT exam will be of 180 minutes.
- of Questions: 100 Objective type questions.
- Syllabus Covered: logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Time Limit per Section: Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Min|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Min|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Min|
CAT Exam Centers:
|State/Union Territories||Exam Cities|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Bishnupur,Durgapur, Howrah, Kalyani, Hooghly,Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Allahabad, Bareilly, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Mathura, Meerut, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Kerala||Kasaragod, Kochi, Kollam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Karnataka||Kolar, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Ramnagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur, Davanagere, Hasan|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Haryana||Gurgaon, Palwal, Panipath, Rohtak, Sonipath, Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
Check Out: Techniques Which Helps In Exam Preparation
CAT Exam Important Dates:
|Online registration/online application form begins from||August, 2017 to September, 2017|
|Downloading window of admit card will be open from||October, 2017|
|Examination date||November, 2017|
|Result announcement date||Second week of January, 2018|
For more details related CAT application form 2017, go through the below mentioned official link. Stay connected with this web portal for more updates.
Important Link: CAT Application Form